Last Updated: December 2, 2020
COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
Hologic Inc. (“Hologic”, “Company”, “we”, or “us”), is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION HOLOGIC MAY COLLECT
Personal Information is any information that relates to you that can be used to directly or indirectly to specifically identify you, including but not limited to:
- Contact data: such as name, title, address, phone number, mailing address, and email.
- Other identifiers: such as device ID or serial number, various types of personal health information (e.g., health insurance information, medical information, and the like), online identifiers, and other similar identifiers.
- Communication data submitted by you: such as questions and feedback.
- Demographic data: such as language, age, and gender.
- Marketing preferences: such as e-mail subscription and frequency preferences.
- Site data used to facilitate the use of the site: such as login and technical data.
- Other data: such as product use and application data, IP address, the browser you are using, your location and other geographic data, the website you came from and the website you visit after leaving, pages viewed on the Site, links clicked on the Site, and time spend on a particular page of the Site or the Site as a whole.
How Hologic May collect personal INFORMATION
Hologic may collect Personal Information about you from a variety of sources, including, but not limited to:
- Directly from you: We may collect Personal Information that you provide directly to Hologic from sources, such as telephone, email, or online interfaces.
- Automated data: We may collect Personal Information through automated technologies (e.g., cookies). We use these technologies to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and other patterns, and information about your computer and internet connection (e.g., IP address, operating system, and browser type).
HOW Hologic MAY USE Personal INFORMATION
Hologic may keep and use Personal Information collected from you through this Site for the following uses:
- To provide you with access to this website.
- To respond to your requests.
- To personalize your access to our site.
- To develop records (including records of your Personal Information).
- To contact you with pertinent information about products, clinical trials, or important safety information, and about products and services of ours and of others.
- For analytical purposes and to research, develop, and improve programs, products, services, and content.
- To remove your personal identifiers. Once we have de-identified information, it is considered non-personal information and we may treat it like other non-personal information.
- To protect someone’s health, safety, or welfare.
- To protect our rights or property.
- To comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process.
How Hologic May use non-personal information
Non-personal information is information that has been de-identified and therefore can no longer be used to identify you or be tied to you. This de-identified information is not considered Personal Information. Hologic may use non-personal information the following reasons:
- For analytical purposes.
- To customize the information or services that are of interest to you.
- Share it or sell it to third-parties.
- Provide aggregate information on how visitors interact with our Site to third parties.
Sharing personal information with THIRD PARTIES
Your Personal Information may be shared with a physician or other healthcare provider, if you request to be put in contact with a physician or other healthcare provider, if you are seeking more information about whether a product or service may be right for you, or if you or someone else’s safety or wellbeing is in question.
We also share your Personal Information with marketing analytics providers (e.g. Google Analytics) to manage our marketing and advertising activities; advertising service providers to provide you with targeted advertisements; and analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Website. California residents may opt out of the sale of Personal Information.
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or if we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Information held by us about you may be one of the transferred assets.
We may be required by law to share your Personal Information with a third party, including government and/or law enforcement agencies, in response to a warrant, subpoena, court order, law or regulation. In addition, we may decide to cooperate with government or law enforcement authorities to investigate and prosecute harmful or allegedly illegal activities.
We may also share your Personal Information in ways we believe are consistent with FDA and other governmental guidance, directions, regulations, and laws (e.g., HIPAA), where applicable.
Storing and Protecting Personal information
Hologic takes precautions to protect your information from loss, misuse or unauthorized access or disclosure. However, no data transmission over the internet is certain to be secure and we cannot guarantee its security. If you are uncertain or have any concerns about how information volunteered by you will be kept, used or disclosed, do not volunteer that information.
This Site is not targeted to children under the age of 13 and Hologic does not intentionally collect Personal Information from such children. If we discover that a child has provided us with Personal Information online through this Site, we will take reasonable steps to delete this information. If you believe we may have accidentally received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately at [contact info].
You may revoke your consent for the receipt of communication that we send to you at any time but using the “unsubscribe” functionality included in our emails to you. You should note that his will not affect all communications from us, for example, we are legally required to provide notices such as notification of a data breach in which case you should expect to receive a notification via email. It is important that the Personal Information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep let us know if your Personal Information changes.
You may make a request to access, correct, or delete your Personal Information or otherwise object to our processing of such Personal Information by contacting us directly. We will respond to reasonable requests in accordance with applicable law and subject to legal and contractual restrictions. We will not discriminate against you for exercising these rights.
There may be times where we cannot grant you access to the Personal Information we hold. For example, if such disclosure would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. We will provide written explanation for our refusal to grant access.
CONTACT Hologic Health